Friday, July 8, 2011

The love I Lost-by Don Jyovi


The Love I Lost
Don Jyovi Saraswati Di Morgese
Copyright 2006
It was a bright bright sunshinnee day all day here in Montreal but it is now the nightlife. Summer still lingers on into early September, a Friday night and the Metropole Disco is already filling up fast. I got here after work to meet up with the gang of Montreal North. I finished my duties at my Dad's reception hall a bit early so I was ahead of them. I took our usual table out in the back. Having my first beer, when on it came.
"Oh wow! Harold Melvin and the Bluenote's new tune. 'The Love I lost'" I exclaimed to nobody listening.
"What a cool beat" I thought as my foot began to tap to it. "The cool piano riff, the guitar, the riveting bass, the strings. Wow!"
The dance floor began to fill up when I saw this great looking chick. "I've never seen her before" I thought as my eyes followed her to the center of the dance floor. She began to dance.
And then, following the organs crescendo riff,  Harold Melvin's  Bluenotes began to sing...
The love I lost...was a sweet love...The love I lost...was complete love...The love I lost...I will never... no no never... love again...
Where Harold Melvin kicks in with his booming voice
I can remember planning... building my whole world around you...I can remember hoping...that you and I could make it on through...
But something went wrong...
(The Bluenotes) we loved each other, we just couldn't get it on...
I grabbed my beer, my cigarettes and moved on over to a table next to the dance floor.
"Man is she hot!" I thought.
A beautiful brunette, shoulder length straight hair, stunning blue eyes, tall and slender, high cheekbones...she was wearing this tight low cut t-shirt showing off just enough of her cleavage to make me hungry for more...wow! She danced to the beat, beautiful hot pants...
" all very cool!" I thought " I wish I could sing like Harold Melvin, what an incredible voice!
Harold Melvin continued
Take a good look at me...I'm in misery...Can't you see... 
 and the Bluenotes continued...
The love I lost...The Love the love the love I lost...was a sweet love...Yes it was...The love I lost...was complete love...The love I lost...I will never...never... no no never...never... love again...
I can't remember nothing...no no no ...but the good times we used to share...
I'm so sad and lonely...for without you my life is so bare... 
I'm sorry to say...you go your way and I'll go my way
It hurts deep inside...the day we said goodbye
for the love the love the love I lost...The love I lost...The Love the love the love I lost...was a sweet love...The love I lost...was complete love...The love I lost...I will never...never... no no never... love again...I will never never love again
"wow! can she ever dance...bumping her hips against her female dance mate, her arms in the air, her laughter, she was high...I've been scoping her and she knows it...it's making her high...that I'm scoping her..." I was hopefully speculating.
"Come on sweet thing, let me know that I'm the one that's making you high." I thought as my eyes fondled the beautiful curves of her face.
I will never...never... no no never... love again...yeah yeah yeah yeah
I will never...never... no no never... love again...I will never never love again
I will never...never... no no never... love again...I will never never love again

She was a good love...I lost her...
She was a sweet love...sorry lost her
"C'mon sweet thing, caste a glance my way, just a smile, c'mon." I gazed intently at her lovely face.
She looked at me and then turned away and then she turned back and gave me a smile.
"It's time to make my move" I thought as I got up to go dance.
I thought that had her in the palm of my hand...I lost her...sorry I lost her
I thought that I had her all to myself...I lost her...sorry I lost her
"Man! I usually dance like a Caucasian with horn-rimmed glasses...what the heck happened?!" as I boogalooed my way towards her feeling very high at the emotional exchange that we were engaged in.
She was smiling at me as I got next to her...
"Je m'appelle Joe" I said smilingly.
"Danielle" she smilingly replied.
I moved up real close. No words were needed. I took her hands and slipped my right hand around her lower back and held her right hand with my left hand, as we continued dancing together. She was so soft to the touch. 
"Where are her bones?" I silently wondered as I squeezed her tighter to me. Her perfume intoxicated me as we looked smilingly at each other.  
The song was over way too soon... I smilingly said to her in French "Thank you Danielle, I hope that you have enjoyed this dance as much as I have"
She smilingly replied "Yes I have, thank you"
I continued "May I have another dance with you later in the evening?"
She replied " Yes, that would be nice."
We left each other at the dance floor where she returned to her entourage and I went back to my table, when I noticed that the gang from Montreal North had arrived and were sitting at their usual table. 
I picked up my cigarettes and beer from the table next to the dance floor and made my way back to the gang's table. 
"Hey guys" I shouted above the sound of the disco music. 
"Hey Joey" Sammy said and he continued "Hey Joey, what happened between you and Jody? I heard you two split up."
Steve concurred "Yeah man, you two were so tight last Saturday, wild horses couldn't pull you two apart...what happened?!"
I sat next to Scrap smacking him on the shoulder in the process.
"I don't wanna talk about it." I said glumly.
"Huh huh" Sammy said shaking his head and he continued "We share everything in this gang"
"Yeah Joey, she was all over you last Saturday, you lucky dog you! and now I hear that you split up." Scrap joined in. 
"I had to." I replied glumly.
The gang was silent as they waited for the answer.
"It wasn't fair to Jody" I blurted. "I'm too crazy about Dagmar and they are best friends"
Sammy was livid "Fair! aw cmon  Joey, remember the 4 F rule...find them ...feel them...fuck them ...forget them... where's the word fair in that?! Scrap, do me a favor and smack him upside the head for me"
Steve joined in "Yeah Joey...you gotta fuck em hahaha"
Scrap interjected "naw guys, Jody was really good to him...he's right to care"
I continued "Thank you Scrap, anyway, Christiane was at my neighbors house last week, and I stayed there with her instead of going to meet with Jody like we had planned...Christiane's the girl I want to marry." 
Sammy was livid "What! Christiane!...isn't she the one who stood you up at the swimming pool last year?!"
"Yeah, but she's coming around, we were necking all night that night." I defended.
"Scrap, do me a favor and smack him upside the head for me" Sammy asked
"What am I,  your personal hit man?" Scrap retorted " Do it yourself!"
Randy came around and grabbed my neck and began shaking it as he laughed " Your so stupid, Joey hahaha"
Sammy replied to Scrap" I won't be held responsible for what happens if I get to him"
Joe joins in "You blew it Joey!"
Scrap looked at me shaking his head and said " you'll never find another love like Jody...never... Joey"
Joe concurs " Yeah Joey, someday you'll discover that the one you gave away will be the only one your wishing for"
Steve cut in "Well! there's no point in crying over spilt milk...what do you say we do chug-a-lug tonight?"
==========================================

No comments:

Post a Comment